Living With Music: A Playlist by Rebecca Walker, The New York Times

May 6th, 2008

On Wednesdays, this blog is the delivery vehicle for “Living With Music,” a playlist of songs from a writer or some other kind of book-world personage.

This week: Rebecca Walker, whose most recent book, “Baby Love,” is available in paperback.

Check it.

May 6th, 2007

Comments:

Comment #1 by Landshark on May 28, 2008 - 7:02pm

Joni and Van, huh? Love it. I'll have check some of your others out that I'm less familiar with. Check out "A Minor Incident" by Badly Drawn Boy. Just a sad beautiful song about a parent contemplating suicide, and wishing the best for her son."If you were the woman, and I was the man" is also another great one. I love the use of the conditional throughout as John Prine and Margo Timmins (of Cowboy Junkies) trade verses. I've always thought of it as a feminist love song.

Comment #2 by Jessica on June 1, 2008 - 2:33am

My recent favorite songs are by The Wailin' Jennys called "One Voice" and "Arlington." I have not listened to all their songs as I found "One Voice" on a mix called "Women of the World" put out by Putumayo which is an amazing cd as well.

Comment #3 by coolelectronicsyes on September 13, 2011 - 3:46am

Oh I love this so much. I found their book "A Lion Called Christian" in the Santa Rosa library when I was teenager and never forgot it. I'm glad Christian got his genes out there and went back to the wild a free man.

Comment #4 by Julia on October 9, 2011 - 8:30pm

Real god playlist there, thanks for sharing !

Comment #5 by Amazon Supernatural Jacket on October 28, 2014 - 6:37am

Learned a lot from this blog! It’s worth enough writing and read with full focus from beginning to end. Thanks much!

Comment #6 by Tammara on February 21, 2016 - 7:46pm

I Һave read a ⅼot excellent stuff һere.

Ⅰt іs гeally worth remembering
fߋr revisiting.

Feel freee to visit mу page; removal company

Comment #7 by Tammara on February 21, 2016 - 7:46pm

I have reaⅾ a lοt excellent stuff һere.
Ιt is гeally worth remembering
fоr revisiting.

Μу wweb blog; removal company