Da Kine!

I love this! Living in Hawaii, I can't tell you how close to home this hits.

March 13th, 2009

Comments:

Comment #1 by Lance Tango on March 13, 2009 - 5:37pm

Hilarious!!!

I about fell off my chair.

Patron: "Barack Obama?... Isn't he from Illinois?"

Even funnier...

The Rock: "Yeah... ALOHA HARD!"

I'm still laughing.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment #2 by Aviva on March 14, 2009 - 6:24pm

That is hilarious. Can't believe I missed it!

Comment #3 by rebecca on March 14, 2009 - 9:06pm
What's funny and sad about this is how true it is. Hawaii is such a complex place--what isn't covered in the wedding brochures are the standoffs between the hawaiian sovereignty movement and the local police, the standard of living for most hawaiian's, etc. Anyway my people! I was really happy to see this piece--to crack the facade just a bit--and offer a wider, more corrective perspective through humor.
Comment #4 by rebecca on March 14, 2009 - 9:08pm
Just rewatching--hadn't seen that commercial with the fifties housewife morphing into the contemporary one! I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.
Comment #5 by Amy on March 15, 2009 - 4:43am

The Rock has a nice singing voice.

Comment #6 by rebecca on March 15, 2009 - 10:07pm
he does, doesn't he? and he really does those moves beautifully. he must have studied, or at least be so familiar culturally that he knows how to do them--gorgeous form.
Comment #7 by Rohlihlahla on March 21, 2009 - 3:30am

The wonderful thing is, he could as easily be speaking about any tropical coast whose police forces can cordon off a large enough beach...

Your observance of his dancing led me to double-check Wikipedia...

"Johnson, the son of Ata (née Maivia) and professional wrestler "Soulman" Rocky Johnson, was born in Hayward, California. His maternal grandfather, "High Chief" Peter Maivia, was also a professional wrestler. His maternal grandmother, Leah Maivia, ran Polynesian Pacific Pro Wrestling from 1982 until 1988 following her husband's death, becoming one of wrestling's few female professional promoters. He is of half Black Canadian, half Samoan heritage (his father is Black Canadian, more specifically Black Nova Scotian, and his mother is Samoan). For a brief period, Johnson lived in Auckland, New Zealand, with his mother's family. During this time his mother Ata ensured Johnson was exposed to one of the urban Polynesian cultural strongholds of the Southern Hemisphere. Johnson attended Richmond Road Primary School before returning to the U.S. with his parents."

Quite a bit more worldly than his resume might otherwise indicate. Here's hoping he does more work like this...

Comment #8 by rebecca on March 21, 2009 - 10:47am
Comment #9 by mika on March 26, 2009 - 10:16pm

yes! appreciated this so much!

Comment #10 by nourbesephotography.com on January 25, 2014 - 11:09am

The time management strategies explained here are perfect! I think if we follow the first point itself it can bring a lot of advantages. We should have a clear focus of everything we are going to do. Then things would automatically come well.

Comment #11 by your recent SEO is a scamster on August 30, 2014 - 4:09pm

Your style is really unique in comparison to other folks
I have read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just book mark this page.

Comment #12 by Eula on May 21, 2016 - 4:34pm

The risk of a cat spraying no more review spraying
increases if there are multiple felines in the home.
Luckily, he signed them over when the SWAT team arrived.
Also stuffing fresh mint leaves in the cracks where I find them coming in.

Comment #13 by Eula on May 21, 2016 - 4:34pm

The risk of a cat spraying no more review spraying
increases if there are multiple felines in the home. Luckily, he signed them over when the SWAT
team arrived. Also stuffing fresh mint leaves in the cracks where I find them coming in.